Key Safe Shopping Tips
- Payment: If your credit or debit card is used fraudulently in the EU, the card company must refund you.
- Websites: Use ones you know or which are recommended. Get the supplier's phone number and postal address.
- Records: Keep a copy of what you've ordered, plus the supplier's confirmation message.
- Quality: Your high street consumer rights apply online.
- Cooling off: In many cases in the EU the law lets you change your mind and get a refund within 7 working days of the delivery.
You should use sites you know or which have been recommended to you. You should also check all financial offers with the Financial Services Authority. For further advice go to the Office of Fair Trading website.
Remember to read the Terms and Conditions on the suppliers web site. In particular, check what protections are offered in case things go wrong.